[Cancelled, sorry] Tour of the McLaren facilities, June 15th

Hello folks,

I might be able to organise a tour of the McLaren facilities for up to four friends. This would likely cover both the F1 and Automotive locations.

Is anyone at the hackspace interested in a spot?

Tony gets first dibs since he mentioned interest a while ago :slight_smile:

Here’s a preview of what the place looks like

Let me know ASAP.

Cheers,
Yves

1 Like

of course! I’m enthusiastic about F1. hopefully will date of the visit not collide with anything else. Count with me.

0 Likes

Great idea Yves. I would be very interested, as part of my ongoing education in technical and business matters. However, I’d be willing to bow out if a more ‘deserving’ candidate expresses an interest. (excuse the gender stereotyping!!).

0 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to include the date. It’s Saturday June 15th. The time is flexible, but we need to book it. So availability is dependant on how soon I book.

0 Likes

@Phoenix and @ecameronkirby, can you confirm that 2:30pm on Saturday June 15th works for you?
This is happening in Woking, so we’d have to take the train in unless someone can drive there.

It takes about 90 minutes to get there by train and costs between £24 and £31 for a return trip.
Trainline search results

I need to finalise the attendee list asap, so please let me know asap :slight_smile:
Cheers.

0 Likes

Uff. It is really difficult for me to make a decision for that weekend as I have some upcoming event there. But I really want to go to McLaren so even there is no other possible date option, (just checking with you if it is) I will go for sure.

0 Likes

The only possible date is June 15th. The time is flexible, but some people interested in going are only able to make it in the afternoon.

0 Likes

I always enjoy a good factory tour. I can drive up to 4 more people

0 Likes

OK, so far we have the following people interested:

• Tony
  • Phoenix
  • Eileen
  • Marketa +1
  • Iulian

So we’re up to 6 people. We’ll have to bring this down by having some sort of draw.

0 Likes

I’m happy to drop out.

0 Likes

Well, I just got some bad news. The offer to bring in people for a tour doesn’t extend to contractors… and I’m a contractor.

So no tour.

Sorry folks.

0 Likes

thanks for your effort and nice views :slight_smile:
nevermind. I kinda knew that Im not going anyway…

0 Likes